The application for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship is presently open for submissions. The program is a completely financed scholarship for foreign students. Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship will offer the beneficiary a sum of $70,000 per year for two years.
The program provides funding to the very finest postdoctoral candidates, both locally and internationally, who will positively impact the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth. 70 new two-year fellowships will be granted yearly, dispersed equally across Canada’s three federal granting agencies.
The goal of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is to form world-class research capacity by recruiting top-level Canadian and foreign postdoctoral researchers at an internationally competitive level of funding. The goal is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally, to groom their leadership abilities and to place them for success as research leaders of tomorrow, confidently adding to Canada’s economic, social and research-based growth through a research-intensive career.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship – Summary
- Study Level: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Host Institutes (Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges, and not-for-profit organizations with a strong research mandate and capacity.)
- Areas of Study:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
- No of Scholarships: 70
- Duration of Program: Two years
- Deadline: September 22, 2021
Benefits of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship will offer recipients the benefits below:
- $70,000 per year for two years.
- 70 fellowships are granted yearly
Eligibility for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
To be eligible for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship, candidates must satisfy the requirements below:
- Required Language: English Language
- Eligible Nations: All countries in the world
- Candidates must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree prerequisites for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree: between September 15, 2018 and September 30, 2022 (inclusively), and before the start date of their award.
- Candidates who have not met all requirements for their degree at the period of application must provide evidence no later than October 15th, 2022.
- For candidates who have accomplished over one PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
- To find out more on eligibility requirements here, visit here.
How to Apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
To avail Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship, Please follow the following instructions:
- Before applying, contact your desired institution if eligible to host a Banting Fellow through here . and if you are hoping to be hosted at a Canadian institution, please see the Universities Canada website through here for a list of Canadian academic institutions and their research areas.
- Contact the preferred host institution/supervisor
- Applications must be accomplished in full collaboration with the potential host institution.
- Candidates must be endorsed by the institution’s president (equivalent or designate).
- Candidates are responsible for supplying their proposed institution and referees with the documents needed for them to write their respective letters.
- From the beginning of the application procedure, candidates and their host institution should discuss:
- Details of the fellowship appointment.
- Benefits offered to the postdoctoral researcher.
- Any financial responsibilities connected with the appointment (union dues, insurance premiums, etc.).
- The availability of any research and/or other support.
- The rights and responsibilities of postdoctoral researchers.
- Any other institution-specific policies that might apply to a postdoctoral researcher.
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts
- Ensure you have the following or click the links to register: ResearchNet account – a web-based application tool, and funding opportunity database that is used by the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program here.
- CIHR PIN – unique personal identifier required to apply for this program through here.
- CCV account – it allows you to manage your CV data in a single repository and generate CVs as needed for all member organizations here.
- Begin a ResearchNet application from here
- The candidate will have to fill the following:
- Identify an area of research
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Research proposal
- Institutional letter of endorsement
- Supervisor’s statement
- The candidate will have to fill the following:
Check here for more details.
To inquire further about Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship, please visit Official Website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.