The Borno Government has announced the extension of the 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew in Maiduguri by another seven days. A statement by Dr Muhammad Bulama, the Commissioner for Information, on Friday in Maiduguri said the curfew was extended to January 20.
“In other words, the prevailing curfew regime is to now last until Friday, January 20,’’ he said.
Bulama explained that the action was to avail the Armed Forces sufficient time to complete the on-going special operation against Boko Haram terrorists and consolidate on the success so far recorded.
He noted that the state government deeply regretted the inconveniences and difficulties caused to the people by the action.