A brave young mum has shared heartbreaking photos of her stillborn daughter who was slowly poisoned in the womb because of a rare illness.
Gabriella Morley and Matthew Dalton had been friends for 10 years before becoming a couple in 2016 and were overjoyed to discover they were having a baby soon after.
But at 39 weeks, while out shopping with removal driver Matty, 25, mum-to-be Gabriella suddenly realised she hadn’t felt her baby move that day.
After rushing to hospital , doctors looked for a heartbeat but 24-year-old Gabriella and Matty were given the devastating news that their baby had died.
The grieving mum had to give birth to her lifeless little girl on May 9 2017 – an emotionally ‘scarring’ experience she has tried to block from her memory.
A post-mortem revealed that baby Poppy died from cardiac arrest after being poisoned by high acidity levels in her mum’s body due to the pregnancy-related liver condition intrahepatic cholestasis (ICP).
Gabriella, of Bramley, Leeds, said: “It is a rare condition but I think more mums need to know about it. I don’t want anyone to ever have to go through what we did.