Heidelberg University Scholarship is all about PhD Scholarship Awards at Heidelberg University. This opportunity is open to students who want to embark on PhD level program(s) in the area of Biosciences taught at Heidelberg Biosciences International Graduate School. The closing date of the application is 30th August, 2021.
Heidelberg University Scholarship – Summary
- Funding Type: Partial Funding
- Awarding Body: Heidelberg University Heidelberg Biosciences International Graduate School
- Study Level: PhD
- Field: Biosciences
- Eligible Applicant: Domestic Students
- Country: Germany
- Deadline: 08/30/2021
Heidelberg University – About
Heidelberg University is officially referred as the Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg. The institution is a public research academia in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It was established in the year 1386 on the order of Pope Urban VI. Heidelberg is Germany’s oldest university, and one of the world’s oldest existing institution of higher education. It was the 3rd university created in the Holy Roman Empire.
It has been a coeducational institution since the year 1899. The academia has 12 faculties and teaches degree programs at undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral levels in some 100 fields. Heidelberg has 3 major campuses: the humanities are mainly situated in Heidelberg’s Old Town, the natural sciences and medicine in the Neuenheimer Feld quarter, and the social sciences in the inner-city suburb Bergheim. The language of teaching is customarily German, while a significant number of graduate degrees are taught in English as well as some in French.
Currently, almost 28,000 scholars are registered for studies at Heidelberg University. There is 4,196 full-time faculty, and 476 university professors. In the year 2007, and again in 2012, the university was appointed University of Excellence under an initiative commenced by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research and the German Research Foundation. This boosted the German university system by creating a small network of outstandingly well-financed universities, which are expected to produce solid international appeal.
Degree Level: PhD Award/Grant at Heidelberg University is accessible to embark on PhD level programs at Heidelberg University.
Benefits of Heidelberg University Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Heidelberg University Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- Wage will be paid to selected students schooling in Germany
Eligibility for Heidelberg University Scholarship
To be eligible for Heidelberg University Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Applicants must have attained a master of natural sciences in biochemistry, biology, molecular biology or another natural science.
- If this MSc is not so bio-related, your supervisor might have to attest that you have adequate working knowledge in your corresponding bio-topic.
- You have attained a Staatsexamen in Pharmacy or equivalent.
- If you possess an excellent FH (Fachhochschul-) Diploma in a associated field, you have to pass a Qualifying Assessment.
- A BSc degree alone is usually not adequate. In exceptional cases, exclusions may be considered.
How to Apply for Heidelberg University Scholarship
To Apply for Heidelberg University Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- To sign up at the university, candidates must have to take admission at the university.
- Necessary Documents: Provide your official transcripts of academic records from every postsecondary institution present at for at least one year as a full-time student, statement of purpose, Contact details of 2 referees with 2 letters of reference from these referees, and CV.
- Admission Prerequisites: The conditions for admission to HBIGS is a university degree that will allow the candidate to be admitted as a Ph.D. student at Heidelberg University based on the guidelines set by the Faculty of Biosciences.
- Language Prerequisites: An evidence of German or English language skills are necessary to register at the university.
This opportunity is open to students who want to embark on PhD level program(s) in the area of Biosciences taught at Heidelberg Biosciences International Graduate School. The closing date of the application is 30th August, 2021.
To inquire further about Heidelberg University Scholarship, please visit the official website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.